We decided to spend the evening brewery hopping in one of the smaller towns near our home to see what they have to offer. Situated on Main Street in Lebanon, Oregon this brewpub smelled delicious as we walked up and was worth the trip.
- Beer – The beer selection here is limited somewhat to dark beers and IPAs (there are some seasonal summer beers that were not available). It would have been nice to see more variety available and even some of their regular beers were out however they made up for that in quality. The Black Heart Mother (stout) and Kama Citra (Belgian IPA) were balanced, flavorful drinks that did not let the high ABV overwhelm the taste. Score: 3.5/5
- Brewery – Plenty of seating, an expansive bar, cohesive decor, and an indoor and outdoor area combined all the qualities you are looking for in a brewery. They have a large selection of pub-style food and everything we ate was quite tasty (I recommend the mac and cheese, I could have eaten 4 bowls of it). Score: 4/5
- Ambiance – When you walk in it is obvious that this is geared to be more of a family friendly place where you can eat AND drink quality craft brews. While there was no live music, there were multiple televisions with various sports games on that one could watch if alone or wanting to ignore your family. Score: 3.5/5
- Location – Right on main street, there is an abundance of street parking close by but no dedicated parking lot that we could see. There are plenty of other restaurants and bars within walking distance and the streets are bright and clean around the brewery. Score: 4/5
- Customer Service – We were seated quickly, our orders were taken promptly and were brought out still hot and everything was correct. The staff were all friendly and the service was excellent. Score: 5/5
Total Score: 20/25
Final Thoughts: Barsideous Brewing, while a little off the beaten path, is worth making the drive through Lebanon. Grab the mac and cheese and any of their stouts while you’re there and you won’t be disappointed.